12 Weird Things That Cat Owners Think Are The Norm
Life with cats, although very rewarding, can also be challenging. Let’s not call it a bad challenge. Let’s call it a funny challenge. These “challenges” happen daily. And, as a result, cat owners eventually start forgetting what “normal” really is. They start to think “normal” is whatever their cats have molded “normal” to be. Hats off to the psychological capabilities of cats!
1. Trying to hold hands with your cat even though they never really like it.
You just can’t resist their soft paddy paws.
2. Regularly stepping on cat litter while trying to go to the loo in the middle of the night.
You swear your cat is actively trying to make the whole house into a litter tray.
3. Holding on to your pee for an uncomfortably long time because you couldn’t possibly disturb your cat.
You have been blessed, and you must not disrespect a cat blessing.
4. Sharing your human food with your cat, and sometimes having to properly defend your meal from sneaky paws.
“I need the loo. Can you make sure Fluff Face doesn’t eat my dinner?”
5. Talking in a weird, high-pitched voice you only ever use for your cat.
Because if you used it on humans you wouldn’t have any friends.
6. Never calling your cat the name you actually chose for them.
Just a series of elaborate and adorable nicknames.