Meet Maya, The Cat With An Extra Chromosome Put On Death Row Because She Looked A Little Different
This is Maya, a year-old tabby cat with a chromosomal abnormality. She was found behind a Chinese food restaurant and brought to a kill shelter, and was placed on death row because she acted and looked a little differently.
Nobody thought anyone would want her but then the Odd Cat Sanctuary stepped in and brought her to a foster home. They posted her photo on their Facebook page, and now she has a furrever family to love her for all her quirkiness.
Her owner Lauren has created an Instagram just for Maya and shared some fun and cute pictures of Maya:
1. This is our adopted cat Maya
2. Maya is a year-old tabby cat with an extra chromosome
3. She was found behind a Chinese food restaurant and brought to a kill shelter
4. She was put on death row because of her looks and slightly different behaviour
5. Nobody thought anyone would ever want her
6. The Odd Cat Sanctuary then found out and brought her to a foster home where we found her
7. Maya usually looks sad or confused (we promise she’s not)
8. She does have some vision issues
9. And a flattened nose that makes her sneeze a lot
10. With her wonky eyes she’s super adorable though
11. But she’s just like any other cat
12. She’s super curious
13. Super silly
14. A fierce predator
15. And loves chin scratches
16. She even has a favorite toy
17. She’s super happy in her new home
18. Maya’s becoming an ambassador for special pets everywhere
19. Please help us spread awareness of shelter animals, especially the ones with special needs, to help more of them get adopted!