15+ Times Cats Found Catnip, And Well…See For Yourself
If you’re a cat owner, having a small bag of green herb might mean a bit different than what most people would have in mind. This magical green dust has the power to turn your ordinary domestic felines into wild jungle cats as soon as they get a whiff or it can magically melt them into a motionless puddle of fluff when they lick it. Enter the wondrous world of catnip, and the purrdy stoned kitties who can’t seem to get enough.
The name ‘catnip’ is actually derived from nepeta cataria, which is an herb closely related to mint. The plant itself, whether freshly grown or dried for various commercial purposes, secretes a chemical compound called nepetalactone and that triggers a response from cats’ pheromone receptors – in other words, it then makes them lose their minds when they smell it. When the plant is actually ingested, it can produce the opposite effect by sedating the cat. Each and every cat reacts differently to the magical herb, with some showing outright immunity to its powers.
Take a look at cats below who went on a serious ‘nip trip’!
1. Kitteh’s 1st Time On The Nip
2. “Reactor core breach imminent!”
3. My Cat Felix, High Off His Ass On Catnip
4. Our Cat Gets High On Catnip, Then Sits On The Couch And Watches Family Guy For Hours. I Walked In On Her Like This
5. *Error* please reboot universe and restart your cat.
6. My Wife’s Cat Likes To Get High On Nip And “Hang” Out In Bags Or He Meows Incessantly Until He Does
7. Catnip Catnap
8. So I Put Some Catnip In Our Food Dehydrator And Came To Find This
9. Catnip + Cat Pole: Awkward Family Situation (Mother And Son)
10. Just My Cat Enjoying Some Catnip In The Sun. He Was Seriously Sleeping Like This