15+ Times Cats Declared: “If It Fits, I Sits” And Proved Themselves Right
There’s only one little thing that felines love more than laying around and doing absolutely nothing – and that’s fitting into small places. They take endless pleasure in wrapping themselves in an boxes of all shapes and sizes, when they already know that their human thinks they won’t be able to fit – oh, the pleasure of being able to prove your human slave wrong!
While many of us cat people find this kitty behavior bizarre (I mean, why would you put yourself in a place that looks painfully uncomfortable), scientists have a few explanations for this amusing feline antic.
First, let’s try to realize that cats are predators – and boxes are great places to stalk victims from and hide. Therefore, our kitties truly do get a sense of comfort and security from enclosed spaces, and some research suggests that boxes even decrease feline stress levels.
Another reason why cats love huddling up in small and tiny places, is because it helps them preserve their body heat. The thermoneutral zone for a typical domestic cat is 86 to 97 degrees Fahrenheit, which just so happens to be 20 degrees higher than ours. Therefore, squeezing into a tiny box may serve as an extremely smart heat-saving strategy.
Whatever the exact reasons may or may not actually be, let’s admit it – cats can be very hilarious!
1. Apparently Any Size Box Will Do
2. Move Over… Then We Can Both Fits
3. Nice To Have A Buddy When You’re Down And Out
4. Cat Whale
5. I Don’t Even Understand How This Is Possible
6. Those Eyes
7. Big Cats Love Boxes Too
9. Angry Dad Cat Liked To Sit In The Sink By Himself… Until
10. All Cats Is The Same
11. Her Name Is Audrey, She Is The Smallest Kitten I’ve Ever Seen, And She Fell Asleep In My Roommate’s Pocket Like This. Looks Comfortable
12. That Face Says, “Try And Move Me, My Cousin Is A Lion”